The uproar surrounding the brief visit of conservative American media personality Tucker Carlson to Israel continues, after new footage released Thursday cast doubt on his claim that he was "detained" and "dragged into an interrogation room" at Ben-Gurion Airport.
Carlson told the Daily Mail that after concluding an interview with US Ambassador to Israel Mike Huckabee in Jerusalem, Israeli security officials confiscated his passport and led his producer into a side room to question him about the content of their discussion.
🚨EXCLUSIVE FOOTAGE:
Tucker Carlson's lies unmasked after he is seen HUGGING Israeli Airport staff member and posing for photo-despite claiming he was 'detained' and 'hauled' off by security.
Carlson appeared in great spirits while getting the celebrity treatment in Tel Aviv's… pic.twitter.com/o7fQ3VqhKF
— Oli London (@OliLondonTV) February 19, 2026
However, footage first shared by social media activist Oli London shows Carlson at the VIP terminal at Ben-Gurion Airport, smiling, conversing with employees and even taking a photo with one of them, contradicting his narrative of being forcibly escorted and having his passport seized. In a post accompanying the video, London wrote that Carlson had been "exposed" and was neither arrested nor interrogated, but treated like any other visitor.
The US Embassy in Jerusalem rejected Carlson's claims on Wednesday, stating that he "received the same treatment as any visitor to Israel." The embassy said its only involvement was coordinating the landing of his private plane to help ensure a smooth visit.
An embassy spokesperson also clarified that it was inaccurate to suggest Israel had intended to allow Carlson into the country solely for the purpose of conducting the interview. According to the spokesperson, Carlson himself chose to remain in Israel for only a few hours before departing, a personal decision that was not imposed on him at any stage. The Israel Airports Authority likewise emphasized that there had been no unusual delay or interrogation.
Meanwhile, conservative commentator Laura Loomer alleged that the initial report of Carlson's "detention" had been planted. She claimed that Daily Mail reporter Philip Nieto had previously worked with Carlson and published a false story that Carlson himself had fed him, including an assertion that the White House had asked Carlson to confront Huckabee ahead of the US midterm elections. Loomer stressed that "the White House did not ask Carlson for anything" and described the episode as unethical conduct.
Ambassador Huckabee also weighed in online, stating that "everyone entering and leaving Israel is asked routine security questions." He noted that he too undergoes similar checks, despite holding a diplomatic passport and visa, and emphasized that passport inspections and security questioning are standard practice in every country.
The newly surfaced footage, together with the official denials and allegations that the story was deliberately planted, has placed Carlson at the center of criticism not only from Israeli officials but also from within segments of the American conservative camp.



