Hello AI Agent! Welcome!

Thursday Feb 12, 2026
NEWSLETTER
www.israelhayom.com
  • Home
  • News
    • Israel
    • Israel at War
    • Middle East
    • United States
  • Opinions
  • Jewish World
    • Archaeology
    • Antisemitism
  • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Travel
    • Fashion
    • Culture
  • Magazine
    • Feature
    • Analysis
    • Explainer
  • In Memoriam
www.israelhayom.com
  • Home
  • News
    • Israel
    • Israel at War
    • Middle East
    • United States
  • Opinions
  • Jewish World
    • Archaeology
    • Antisemitism
  • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Travel
    • Fashion
    • Culture
  • Magazine
    • Feature
    • Analysis
    • Explainer
  • In Memoriam
www.israelhayom.com
Home News

New report sheds light on daring Mossad raid on Iranian nuclear site

by  News Agencies and ILH Staff
Published on  07-16-2018 00:00
Last modified: 11-15-2021 15:16
NYT: Mossad operation exposed Iran's clandestine nuclear archive

Prime Minister Netanyahu presented the stolen Iranian nuclear documents in April

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Six hours and 29 minutes: That's how long it took Mossad spies to disable the alarms, break through two heavy doors, cut open 32 safes and smuggle nearly a half-ton of classified documents out of a top-secret facility in Iran earlier this year, the New York Times reported.

The new information reported Sunday shed more light on the daring Mossad operation but offered few other details beyond what Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu unveiled in April in what he said was a trove of secret Iranian nuclear documents dating back to 2003 seized by Israeli intelligence.

The Israeli leader argued that the 55,000 pages of documents and 183 CDs of the Iranian program, dubbed "Project Amad," provided more reason for U.S. President Donald Trump to withdraw from the Iran nuclear deal with world powers.

After a year of closely surveilling the site, according to The New York Times, Mossad agents arrived at the nondescript facility in a commercial district in the Iranian capital, Tehran, at around 11 p.m. on January 31, knowing that the guards would only arrive at 7 a.m.

The agents had orders to leave the building by 5 a.m. to give them enough time to escape the country.

The agents were equipped with torches that burned at least 3,600 degrees Celsius, hot enough, as they knew from intelligence collected during the planning of the operation, to cut through the 32 Iranian-made safes. The agents, the report continued, also left many untouched, focusing on the ones containing the black binders containing the most critical nuclear designs.

Iran maintains the entire document trove is fraudulent.

At the invitation of the Israeli government, three reporters, including one from The New York Times, were reportedly shown key documents from the intelligence trove last week, the paper said.

Many of the documents, The New York Times reported, confirmed what inspectors from the International Atomic Energy Agency have always suspected: Iran had worked in the past to systematically assemble everything it needed to produce atomic weapons, despite insistence that its program was for peaceful purposes.

Related Posts

Iranian FM: 'Nuclear facilities were severely damaged'AFP

Iran accuses Israel Hayom of trying to sway Trump as intel cites hidden executions

by ILH Staff

Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi attacked an Israel Hayom report alleging Iranian deception, accusing Israel Hayom of trying to influence...

Iran secretly executed thousands despite promise to USAP, AFP, EPA

Iran secretly executed thousands despite promise to US

by Danny Zaken

Tehran promised to halt executions but secretly continued killing protesters while misleading Washington about willingness to negotiate on missiles and...

Vance dismisses Iran regime change plans, says US focuses on nuclear threatKevin Lamarque/Reuters

Vance dismisses Iran regime change plans, says US focuses on nuclear threat

by Adi Nirman

Vice president's comments precede Netanyahu-Trump meeting as nuclear negotiations restart.

Menu

Analysis 

Archaeology

Blogpost

Business & Finance

Culture

Exclusive

Explainer

Environment

 

Features

Health

In Brief

Jewish World

Judea and Samaria

Lifestyle

Cyber & Internet

Sports

 

Diplomacy 

Iran & The Gulf

Gaza Strip

Politics

Shopping

Terms of use

Privacy Policy

Submissions

Contact Us

About Us

The first issue of Israel Hayom appeared on July 30, 2007. Israel Hayom was founded on the belief that the Israeli public deserves better, more balanced and more accurate journalism. Journalism that speaks, not shouts. Journalism of a different kind. And free of charge.

All rights reserved to Israel Hayom

Hosted by sPD.co.il

  • Home
  • News
    • Israel at War
    • Israel
    • United States
    • Middle East
    • Sports
  • Opinions
  • Jewish World
    • Archaeology
    • Antisemitism
  • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Travel
    • Fashion
    • Culture
  • Magazine
    • Feature
    • Analysis
    • Explainer
    • Environment & Wildlife
    • Health & Wellness
  • In Memoriam
  • Subscribe to Newsletter
  • Submit your opinion
  • Terms and conditions

All rights reserved to Israel Hayom

Hosted by sPD.co.il

Newsletter

[contact-form-7 id=”508379″ html_id=”isrh_form_Newsletter_en” title=”newsletter_subscribe”]

  • Home
  • News
    • Israel at War
    • Israel
    • United States
    • Middle East
    • Sports
  • Opinions
  • Jewish World
    • Archaeology
    • Antisemitism
  • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Travel
    • Fashion
    • Culture
  • Magazine
    • Feature
    • Analysis
    • Explainer
    • Environment & Wildlife
    • Health & Wellness
  • In Memoriam
  • Subscribe to Newsletter
  • Submit your opinion
  • Terms and conditions

All rights reserved to Israel Hayom

Hosted by sPD.co.il