Friday Feb 20, 2026
NEWSLETTER
www.israelhayom.com
  • Home
  • News
    • Israel
    • Israel at War
    • Middle East
    • United States
  • Opinions
  • Jewish World
    • Archaeology
    • Antisemitism
  • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Travel
    • Fashion
    • Culture
  • Magazine
    • Feature
    • Analysis
    • Explainer
  • In Memoriam
www.israelhayom.com
  • Home
  • News
    • Israel
    • Israel at War
    • Middle East
    • United States
  • Opinions
  • Jewish World
    • Archaeology
    • Antisemitism
  • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Travel
    • Fashion
    • Culture
  • Magazine
    • Feature
    • Analysis
    • Explainer
  • In Memoriam
www.israelhayom.com
Home News

Abbas says Trump's policy shift on Jerusalem was 'sinful'

by  News Agencies and ILH Staff
Published on  01-17-2018 00:00
Last modified: 11-16-2021 15:34
Abbas says Trump's policy shift on Jerusalem was 'sinful'

Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas again blasted U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday, saying his decision to recognize contested Jerusalem as Israel's capital was "sinful."

Abbas, who openly cursed Trump over his policies earlier this week, told a conference in Egypt on Wednesday that the U.S. has disqualified itself from continuing as a broker in the long-stalled Israeli-Palestinian negotiations.

Abbas said Palestinians "will continue to peacefully pursue our demands until we win back our rights."

U.S. President Donald Trump, he said, "made a mistake in his Jerusalem announcement. He openly and blatantly provoked millions of Muslims. His declaration is a lie. The decision on Jerusalem violates the policies of all previous American administrations."

"How can we possibly trust this administration?" he wondered. "We can't, and we never will."

The Palestinian Authority leader's comments at the Egypt conference on Jerusalem came ahead of a weekend visit to the region by U.S. Vice President Mike Pence.

Pence is the most senior American official to visit the Middle East since Trump's Jerusalem decision in December. He will visit Egypt, Jordan and Israel but the Palestinians have insisted they will refuse to meet with him.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who is on a state visit to India, said on Monday that "Abbas has shown his true colors. He has torn off his mask and made clear the simple truth that I have been trying to expose for many years: The root of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict lies with the Palestinians' fundamental and constant refusal to recognize a Jewish state in any borders."

Responding to Abbas' Cairo address Wednesday, Public Security Minister Gilad Erdan remarked that the Palestinian Authority president was on a "path of destruction."

"He is destroying any chance the youngsters in Nablus and in Ramallah have of a better future," Erdan exclaimed. "In his Cairo speech, he continued to wildly incite against Israel and the U.S. in a dangerous way that could ignite the entire region."

"The West needs to stop funding his journey of incitement and to send a clear message to him: Get your act together or step aside," Erdan said.

Related Posts

INTO THE FRAY: Strange bedfellows in hate, from Carlson to the CaucasusAP

Tucker Carlson's 'detention' claim unravels as new footage surfaces

by Or Shaked

Conservative media personality Tucker Carlson is facing mounting scrutiny after new video footage contradicted his claim that he was detained...

Trump threatens Iran deal as Board of Peace holds inaugural summitAFP

Trump threatens Iran deal as Board of Peace holds inaugural summit

by Or Shaked

The founding conference of Trump's proposed UN alternative drew 20 world leaders to Washington – but the unveiling of a...

EU fires back after justice minister's attorney brands it 'hostile'Oren Ben Hakoon

EU fires back after justice minister's attorney brands it 'hostile'

by Adi Nirman

The European Union issued a response to Israel Hayom following explosive courtroom claims by attorney Yoram Sheftel, blaming the EU...

Menu

Analysis 

Archaeology

Blogpost

Business & Finance

Culture

Exclusive

Explainer

Environment

 

Features

Health

In Brief

Jewish World

Judea and Samaria

Lifestyle

Cyber & Internet

Sports

 

Diplomacy 

Iran & The Gulf

Gaza Strip

Politics

Shopping

Terms of use

Privacy Policy

Submissions

Contact Us

About Us

The first issue of Israel Hayom appeared on July 30, 2007. Israel Hayom was founded on the belief that the Israeli public deserves better, more balanced and more accurate journalism. Journalism that speaks, not shouts. Journalism of a different kind. And free of charge.

All rights reserved to Israel Hayom

Hosted by sPD.co.il

  • Home
  • News
    • Israel at War
    • Israel
    • United States
    • Middle East
    • Sports
  • Opinions
  • Jewish World
    • Archaeology
    • Antisemitism
  • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Travel
    • Fashion
    • Culture
  • Magazine
    • Feature
    • Analysis
    • Explainer
    • Environment & Wildlife
    • Health & Wellness
  • In Memoriam
  • Subscribe to Newsletter
  • Submit your opinion
  • Terms and conditions

All rights reserved to Israel Hayom

Hosted by sPD.co.il

Newsletter

[contact-form-7 id=”508379″ html_id=”isrh_form_Newsletter_en” title=”newsletter_subscribe”]

  • Home
  • News
    • Israel at War
    • Israel
    • United States
    • Middle East
    • Sports
  • Opinions
  • Jewish World
    • Archaeology
    • Antisemitism
  • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Travel
    • Fashion
    • Culture
  • Magazine
    • Feature
    • Analysis
    • Explainer
    • Environment & Wildlife
    • Health & Wellness
  • In Memoriam
  • Subscribe to Newsletter
  • Submit your opinion
  • Terms and conditions

All rights reserved to Israel Hayom

Hosted by sPD.co.il