Hello AI Agent! Welcome!

Thursday Feb 19, 2026
NEWSLETTER
www.israelhayom.com
  • Home
  • News
    • Israel
    • Israel at War
    • Middle East
    • United States
  • Opinions
  • Jewish World
    • Archaeology
    • Antisemitism
  • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Travel
    • Fashion
    • Culture
  • Magazine
    • Feature
    • Analysis
    • Explainer
  • In Memoriam
www.israelhayom.com
  • Home
  • News
    • Israel
    • Israel at War
    • Middle East
    • United States
  • Opinions
  • Jewish World
    • Archaeology
    • Antisemitism
  • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Travel
    • Fashion
    • Culture
  • Magazine
    • Feature
    • Analysis
    • Explainer
  • In Memoriam
www.israelhayom.com
Home News

After 2-month manhunt, IDF eliminates Barkan ‎terrorist

by  Ariel Kahana , News Agencies and ILH Staff
Published on  12-13-2018 00:00
Last modified: 03-29-2021 13:33
|

The terrorist

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Israeli security forces on Wednesday eliminated ‎Ashraf Walid Suleiman Naalwa, 23, the terrorist who ‎murdered two Israelis and wounded a third in an Oct. 7 ‎shooting attack in Samaria, following a two-month ‎manhunt. ‎

Naalwa, a former employee of the Alon Group in the ‎Barkan Industrial Park, near the city of Ariel, had ‎entered the company's offices armed with an ‎automatic rifle. Once inside, he handcuffed Kim ‎Levengrond Yehezkel, 28, to a chair and shot her at ‎close range, killing her. He then walked over to the ‎adjacent cubicle and shot Sara Vaturi, 54, in the ‎abdomen, moderately wounding her, and then shot and ‎killed Ziv Hajbi, 35, before fleeing.‎

The extensive manhunt for Naalwa involved military, ‎police and Shin Bet security agency forces, who were ‎eventually able to track him down to a hideout in Askar, ‎a Palestinian refugee camp on the outskirts of the ‎West Bank city of Nablus. ‎

Special forces arrived at the camp in the late ‎hours of Wednesday night and attempted to arrest ‎him, but Naalwa, who was armed with an automatic ‎rifle, opened fire at them. The troops returned ‎fire, killing him.‎

Israeli security forces near Nablus, Wednesday IDF Spokesperson's Unit

The military said that several suspected accomplices ‎were arrested during the manhunt for Naalwa and ‎eventually led Israeli forces to him. ‎

A source familiar with the investigation said some of ‎the accomplices provided the Shin Bet with ‎information about a future attack Naalwa ‎had been ‎‎planning, which has now been thwarted.‎

Palestinian media reported that a riot broke out in ‎Askar shortly after Naalwa ‎was eliminated. IDF ‎troops reportedly used crowd control measures to ‎disperse it. ‎

‎"Israeli security forces will continue to spare no ‎effort to ensure the Israeli public's safety and ‎ensure those who carry out terrorist attacks and ‎those who assist them are brought to justice," a ‎statement by the Shin Bet said.‎

Related Posts

What we know about the massive US military buildup in the Middle East

US tightens noose around Iran with largest air buildup since 2003

by ILH Staff

President Donald Trump has yet to decide whether to order a strike on Iran and what its objective would be,...

Prince Andrew arrested on birthday over Epstein filesReuters/Toby Melville

Prince Andrew arrested on birthday over Epstein files

by Dudi Kogan

Files released by the US Justice Department showed that Andrew had passed classified government documents to Epstein during the years...

Senior diplomat contradicts Netanyahu: disarming Hamas will take yearsAP

Senior diplomat contradicts Netanyahu: disarming Hamas will take years

by Bini Ashkenazi

A senior regional source says Hamas fears its weapons will be seized – because Palestinians themselves may seek revenge against...

Menu

Analysis 

Archaeology

Blogpost

Business & Finance

Culture

Exclusive

Explainer

Environment

 

Features

Health

In Brief

Jewish World

Judea and Samaria

Lifestyle

Cyber & Internet

Sports

 

Diplomacy 

Iran & The Gulf

Gaza Strip

Politics

Shopping

Terms of use

Privacy Policy

Submissions

Contact Us

About Us

The first issue of Israel Hayom appeared on July 30, 2007. Israel Hayom was founded on the belief that the Israeli public deserves better, more balanced and more accurate journalism. Journalism that speaks, not shouts. Journalism of a different kind. And free of charge.

All rights reserved to Israel Hayom

Hosted by sPD.co.il

  • Home
  • News
    • Israel at War
    • Israel
    • United States
    • Middle East
    • Sports
  • Opinions
  • Jewish World
    • Archaeology
    • Antisemitism
  • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Travel
    • Fashion
    • Culture
  • Magazine
    • Feature
    • Analysis
    • Explainer
    • Environment & Wildlife
    • Health & Wellness
  • In Memoriam
  • Subscribe to Newsletter
  • Submit your opinion
  • Terms and conditions

All rights reserved to Israel Hayom

Hosted by sPD.co.il

Newsletter

[contact-form-7 id=”508379″ html_id=”isrh_form_Newsletter_en” title=”newsletter_subscribe”]

  • Home
  • News
    • Israel at War
    • Israel
    • United States
    • Middle East
    • Sports
  • Opinions
  • Jewish World
    • Archaeology
    • Antisemitism
  • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Travel
    • Fashion
    • Culture
  • Magazine
    • Feature
    • Analysis
    • Explainer
    • Environment & Wildlife
    • Health & Wellness
  • In Memoriam
  • Subscribe to Newsletter
  • Submit your opinion
  • Terms and conditions

All rights reserved to Israel Hayom

Hosted by sPD.co.il