Iran | The Guardian révèle 75 séries de documents médicaux confirmant une répression brutale par le régime islamique des manifestants. Les dossiers médicaux révèlent un schéma de blessures par balle au visage, à la poitrine et aux parties génitales pic.twitter.com/JvhP8MgcZF
— Chrystopher Barolin (@ChrysBarolin) February 17, 2026
In addition to high-velocity rifle rounds, the scans reveal close-range shotgun injuries, suggesting that police and members of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps fired at detainees or individuals who had already been apprehended.
In total, 75 sets of medical images, primarily X-rays and CT scans, were shared with the Guardian from the single hospital. The grayscale images chronicle the lethal violence inflicted by the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps against protesters and bystanders, underscoring the intensity of the bloodshed within just a few hours at one mid-sized urban medical center.
The documentation adds to accounts previously given by doctors and protesters across Iran, who said security forces escalated from traditional crowd-dispersal methods to the use of assault rifles and high-caliber shotguns. The images show a pattern of gunshot wounds to the face, chest and genitals, a trend also reported during the 2022 "Women, Life, Freedom" protests that erupted after the death of Mahsa Amini in police custody.
Dr. Rohini Haar, an emergency physician, adjunct professor at the University of California, Berkeley, and medical adviser to Physicians for Human Rights, reviewed the scans and described the cases as "shocking" in both their number and severity.
"Using live ammunition and large-gauge bullets against so many individuals is … extremely unusual and notable, even globally," Haar said.
The death toll from the protests that swept Iran last month remains unclear. Various organizations and sources estimate that between several thousand and as many as 30,000 people may have been killed. Footage smuggled out of morgues in different parts of the country shows dozens and in some cases hundreds of bodies brought in, though the regime maintains that fewer than 3,000 people have died in the unrest.



