Friday May 22, 2026
NEWSLETTER
www.israelhayom.com
  • Home
  • News
    • Israel
    • Israel at War
    • Middle East
    • United States
  • Opinions
  • Jewish World
    • Archaeology
    • Antisemitism
  • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Travel
    • Fashion
    • Culture
  • Magazine
    • Feature
    • Analysis
    • Explainer
  • In Memoriam
www.israelhayom.com
  • Home
  • News
    • Israel
    • Israel at War
    • Middle East
    • United States
  • Opinions
  • Jewish World
    • Archaeology
    • Antisemitism
  • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Travel
    • Fashion
    • Culture
  • Magazine
    • Feature
    • Analysis
    • Explainer
  • In Memoriam
www.israelhayom.com
Home News

Stepping up financial warfare bid, Israel seizes funds from 32 families of terrorists

"The murder of Jews will stop being profitable," Defense Minister Naftali Bennett says in a statement, adding that the confiscation would go into effect immediately.

by  Israel Hayom Staff
Published on  01-02-2020 08:19
Last modified: 06-04-2020 11:19
Stepping up financial warfare bid, Israel seizes funds from 32 families of terroristsMarc Israel Sellem/Pool

Yanina leader Naftali Bennett | File photo: Marc Israel Sellem/Pool

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Defense Minister Naftali Bennett on Wednesday evening ordered the seizure of funds from 32 families of terrorists with Jewish blood on their hands, who possess Israeli citizenship.

Bennett said in a statement that the confiscation would go into effect immediately. The families had received the funds for years from the Palestinian Authority as a reward for their terrorist relatives' murderous acts.

Follow Israel Hayom on Facebook and Twitter

"The murder of Jews will stop being profitable," the defense minister's statement said.

Last week, for the first time, Bennett signed a confiscation decree totaling in the hundreds of thousands of shekels from eight convicted terrorists. These are Israeli citizens convicted of terrorist crimes, five of whom were sentenced to life in prison.

The confiscation order targets the monthly salaries these terrorists receive from the Palestinian Authority for the crimes they committed and also applies to their beneficiaries (i.e. their families), who receive the funds on their behalf.

Upon taking office, Bennett said he would step up the war on terror, including by employing what he called "targeted financial warfare."

Within that framework, last Tuesday he also signed a ministerial decree imposing financial sanctions on a London-based terror suspect believed to have ties to Hamas.

The decree states that any and all funds or assets paid or transferred to Mohammed Jamil Mahmoud Hersh – an employee of the Arab Organization for Human Rights in the UK, which is affiliated with the terrorist group ruling Gaza – will be seized.

The decree was issued in accordance with Israel's Counterterrorism Law.

A Defense Ministry official said that the directive was the first of its kind with respect to the fight against terror financing, adding that in the future such orders will follow.

Tags: IsraelNaftali BennettPalestinian Authorityterrorists

Related Posts

IDF races to counter Hezbollah's growing drone threat

Iran rebuilds drone production faster than US intelligence expected

by Neta Bar

CNN reported that, according to Pentagon sources, Tehran is rebuilding its weapons arsenal far faster than previously assessed. The sources...

Leo Terrell

Trump's point man on antisemitism unveils new plan

by Or Shaked

Leo Terrell, chairman of the US Justice Department's task force, is launching a frontal campaign against local authorities across the...

Giorgia Meloni

Ben Gvir's showboating could cost Israel dearly

by Nissan Shtrauchler

The flotilla activists came with one goal: to make Israel look bad. Minister Itamar Ben Gvir joined the effort. Italy,...

Menu

Analysis 

Archaeology

Blogpost

Business & Finance

Culture

Exclusive

Explainer

Environment

 

Features

Health

In Brief

Jewish World

Judea and Samaria

Lifestyle

Cyber & Internet

Sports

 

Diplomacy 

Iran & The Gulf

Gaza Strip

Politics

Shopping

Terms of use

Privacy Policy

Submissions

Contact Us

About Us

The first issue of Israel Hayom appeared on July 30, 2007. Israel Hayom was founded on the belief that the Israeli public deserves better, more balanced and more accurate journalism. Journalism that speaks, not shouts. Journalism of a different kind. And free of charge.

All rights reserved to Israel Hayom

Hosted by sPD.co.il

  • Home
  • News
    • Israel at War
    • Israel
    • United States
    • Middle East
    • Sports
  • Opinions
  • Jewish World
    • Archaeology
    • Antisemitism
  • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Travel
    • Fashion
    • Culture
  • Magazine
    • Feature
    • Analysis
    • Explainer
    • Environment & Wildlife
    • Health & Wellness
  • In Memoriam
  • Subscribe to Newsletter
  • Submit your opinion
  • Terms and conditions

All rights reserved to Israel Hayom

Hosted by sPD.co.il

Newsletter

[contact-form-7 id=”508379″ html_id=”isrh_form_Newsletter_en” title=”newsletter_subscribe”]

  • Home
  • News
    • Israel at War
    • Israel
    • United States
    • Middle East
    • Sports
  • Opinions
  • Jewish World
    • Archaeology
    • Antisemitism
  • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Travel
    • Fashion
    • Culture
  • Magazine
    • Feature
    • Analysis
    • Explainer
    • Environment & Wildlife
    • Health & Wellness
  • In Memoriam
  • Subscribe to Newsletter
  • Submit your opinion
  • Terms and conditions

All rights reserved to Israel Hayom

Hosted by sPD.co.il