Israel Hayom is a media organization founded on the belief that the Israeli public deserves better journalism—more balanced, more accurate, and more reliable. Journalism that speaks rather than shouts. Journalism that is trustworthy, objective, and matter-of-fact. A different kind of journalism, offered free of charge. The first print edition was published on July 30, 2007, and in 2010 Israel Hayom became the Israeli newspaper with the highest weekday readership. The newspaper’s publisher is Dr. Miriam Adelson. Its Editor-in-Chief is Omar Lachmanovitch, and its founding editor is Amos Regev. Israel Hayom’s Hebrew and English websites, as well as its Android and iOS applications, provide around-the-clock news coverage, exclusive content, breaking news and updates, analysis and commentary, video, podcasts, and live broadcasts. The digital platforms of Israel Hayom include news and opinion channels covering culture and entertainment, lifestyle, technology, sports, business and consumer affairs, health, military affairs, food, Judaism, tourism, and automobiles. In 2021, a new Hebrew-language website and mobile application were launched to provide users with a fast, up-to-date, secure, and convenient experience. The content of the newspaper’s print edition is also available online through a daily digital edition and can be received via newsletter. “The Israel Hayom Clique,” the publication’s exclusive benefits club, offers website users discounts and special promotions on products and services. Israel Hayom welcomes feedback, criticism, and suggestions for improvement from its readers. You can contact the organization by email at hayom@israelhayom.co.il

Sunday Jul 26, 2026
NEWSLETTER
www.israelhayom.com
  • Home
  • News
    • Israel
    • Israel at War
    • Middle East
    • United States
  • Opinions
  • Jewish World
    • Archaeology
    • Antisemitism
  • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Travel
    • Fashion
    • Culture
  • Magazine
    • Feature
    • Analysis
    • Explainer
  • In Memoriam
www.israelhayom.com
  • Home
  • News
    • Israel
    • Israel at War
    • Middle East
    • United States
  • Opinions
  • Jewish World
    • Archaeology
    • Antisemitism
  • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Travel
    • Fashion
    • Culture
  • Magazine
    • Feature
    • Analysis
    • Explainer
  • In Memoriam
www.israelhayom.com
Home News

Security forces hunting killer of mother of 6 Esther Horgan

Horgan, a resident of Tal Menashe in Samaria, left her home at around 1 p.m. Sunday to go for a run but never returned. Security officials tell Israel Hayom that original suspicion that Horgan was targeted in a terrorist attack are gaining traction.

by  Lilach Shoval and Efrat Forsher
Published on  12-21-2020 07:49
Last modified: 12-21-2020 13:05
Security forces hunting killer of mother of 6 Esther HorganCourtesy

The late Esther Horgan | Photo: Courtesy

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Security forces' original suspicion that Samaria resident Esther Horgan, who was killed while out running near her home in Tal Menashe on Sunday, was the victim of terrorist attack is gaining traction, security officials told Israel Hayom on Monday after an investigation into Horgan's death had been underway for nearly half a day.

Early Monday morning, the police reported that the body of a woman who had been reported missing by her family has been discovered in the Reichan Forest in Samaria.

Follow Israel Hayom on Facebook and Twitter

Security officials suspect that Horgan's killer was an Israeli Arab, rather than a Palestinian.

Defense Minister Benny Gantz said Monday that security forces were "operating to capture the loathsome murderer."

In a tweet on his personal account, Gantz expressed his condolences to the Horgan family and said, "We will never accept a reality in which a person's life is forfeit."

Samaria Regional Council head Yossi Dagan said that Horgan had left her home at about 1 p.m. Sunday for a run in the forest. A few hours later, when she had not returned, her husband alerted security forces.

Emergency vehicles at the location where Esther Horgan's body was found early Monday (Magen David Adom)

By the evening, volunteers from the Samaria-Jordan Valley search and rescue squad in the Judea Samaria Police, along with IDF and Border Police personnel, a K9 unit, and civilian volunteers, had begun searching for her. After several hours, at around 1 a.m. Monday, the search and rescue team discovered her body. Magen David Adom paramedics scrambled to the scene declared her dead.

Video: Telegram

Paramedic Assaf Tapuchi said, "When we arrived, we were led to the place where a woman about 52 years old was lying, unconscious. We examined her, but she wasn't breathing, she had no pulse or any other signs of life, and shortly thereafter we were forced to declare her dead."

Police and forensics experts were combing the site where Horgan's body was discovered, hoping to find evidence.

Dagan said Horgan was "so goodhearted and helped people. How can a woman go out or a workout a minute away from her house and be murdered by scum in such a brutal way? What kind of evil are we facing? You will never break us, Samaria settlement will flourish and grow and be built up along with the State of Israel."

Subscribe to Israel Hayom's daily newsletter and never miss our top stories!

Tags: Judea SamariaPalestiniansrunnersettlementsTerrorismterrorist attack

Related Posts

Gulf states split over how to end war with Iran

Gulf states split over how to end war with Iran

by ILH Staff

Tehran reports “progress” in talks with Oman over the passage of ships through the Strait of Hormuz. Politico reports Gulf...

Power struggle grips Tehran as Revolutionary Guards tighten control

Power struggle grips Tehran as Revolutionary Guards tighten control

by ILH Staff

Regional sources say Iran’s president and foreign minister are trying to preserve the channel for talks with the US, but...

A repeat of the lead-up to Operation Roaring Lion? Why Netanyahu is heading to Washington

A repeat of the lead-up to Operation Roaring Lion? Why Netanyahu is heading to Washington

by Shirit Avitan Cohen

Israeli officials were not surprised that US President Donald Trump did not launch an intensified round of strikes over the...

Menu

Analysis 

Archaeology

Blogpost

Business & Finance

Culture

Exclusive

Explainer

Environment

 

Features

Health

In Brief

Jewish World

Judea and Samaria

Lifestyle

Cyber & Internet

Sports

 

Diplomacy 

Iran & The Gulf

Gaza Strip

Politics

Shopping

Terms of use

Privacy Policy

Submissions

Contact Us

About Us

The first issue of Israel Hayom appeared on July 30, 2007. Israel Hayom was founded on the belief that the Israeli public deserves better, more balanced and more accurate journalism. Journalism that speaks, not shouts. Journalism of a different kind. And free of charge.

All rights reserved to Israel Hayom

Hosted by sPD.co.il

  • Home
  • News
    • Israel at War
    • Israel
    • United States
    • Middle East
    • Sports
  • Opinions
  • Jewish World
    • Archaeology
    • Antisemitism
  • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Travel
    • Fashion
    • Culture
  • Magazine
    • Feature
    • Analysis
    • Explainer
    • Environment & Wildlife
    • Health & Wellness
  • In Memoriam
  • Subscribe to Newsletter
  • Submit your opinion
  • Terms and conditions

All rights reserved to Israel Hayom

Hosted by sPD.co.il

Newsletter

[contact-form-7 id=”508379″ html_id=”isrh_form_Newsletter_en” title=”newsletter_subscribe”]

  • Home
  • News
    • Israel at War
    • Israel
    • United States
    • Middle East
    • Sports
  • Opinions
  • Jewish World
    • Archaeology
    • Antisemitism
  • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Travel
    • Fashion
    • Culture
  • Magazine
    • Feature
    • Analysis
    • Explainer
    • Environment & Wildlife
    • Health & Wellness
  • In Memoriam
  • Subscribe to Newsletter
  • Submit your opinion
  • Terms and conditions

All rights reserved to Israel Hayom

Hosted by sPD.co.il