Friday Aug 21, 2026
NEWSLETTER
www.israelhayom.com
  • Home
  • News
    • Israel
    • Israel at War
    • Middle East
    • United States
  • Opinions
  • Jewish World
    • Archaeology
    • Antisemitism
  • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Travel
    • Fashion
    • Culture
  • Magazine
    • Feature
    • Analysis
    • Explainer
  • In Memoriam
www.israelhayom.com
  • Home
  • News
    • Israel
    • Israel at War
    • Middle East
    • United States
  • Opinions
  • Jewish World
    • Archaeology
    • Antisemitism
  • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Travel
    • Fashion
    • Culture
  • Magazine
    • Feature
    • Analysis
    • Explainer
  • In Memoriam
www.israelhayom.com
Home News Israel Israel at War Iran War

Gulf leaders tell Trump: No ceasefire without ending Iranian threat

With about a day left before the deadline expires, the US president held a marathon of calls with regional leaders, including Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. At the center of the talks was the possibility of a significant escalation in the fighting against the Iranian regime. Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and United Arab Emirates President Mohammed bin Zayed said there should be no ceasefire without removing the threat from Tehran.

by  Danny Zaken
Published on  04-06-2026 23:31
Last modified: 04-07-2026 00:28
Gulf leaders tell Trump: No ceasefire without ending Iranian threat

US President Donald Trump. Photo: EPA

Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

US President Donald Trump held a series of phone calls  with regional leaders, including Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. On the agenda were the state of the war, possible ways to bring it to an end, including ceasefire proposals, and the issue of the Strait of Hormuz.

All the Gulf leaders Trump spoke with, including Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, United Arab Emirates President Mohammed bin Zayed and Netanyahu, reiterated that there should be no ceasefire without achieving the central objective of completely removing the Iranian threat.

According to two diplomatic sources, the Gulf leaders made clear that even after the heavy blows it has suffered, Iran would rebuild its offensive capabilities if given the opportunity and would continue its policy of threatening regional stability.

Strikes across Tehran. Photo: AP

The sources added that Trump's position has not changed, and that a ceasefire would be possible only if Iran accepts the basic conditions that have been set for it: dismantling its nuclear project, limiting its missile capabilities, immediately reopening the Strait of Hormuz, and halting aid and support for terrorist organizations across the region.

Regarding Hormuz, the United Arab Emirates expressed willingness to join an immediate move to reopen the strait, while Saudi Arabia promised logistical and air support for such a move. Both countries voiced concern over a possible Iranian response to strikes on power stations and oil facilities, which, according to threats from Tehran, would target oil fields, power stations and desalination plants.

Tags: Iran warSaudi ArabiaUnited Arab Emirates

Related Posts

Auto DraftEPA/ABEDIN TAHERKENAREH ; KHAMENEI.IR / AFP; EPA/JIM LO SCALZO

Trump pledges devastating 'D-Day' financial assault on Tehran

by Erez Linn

New economic campaign announced amid stalled negotiations over vital maritime routes. The president vowed to inflict unparalleled economic damage on...

Trump faces four military options as US reinforces near Iran

US strikes Iran, which responds with fire toward the Gulf

by ILH Staff

The US struck a series of targets across Iran overnight. Iranian reports said air defense systems had been activated and...

How Israel and the US can finally topple the Iranian regime

US strikes Iran in response to helicopter downing

by ILH Staff

The US military said it had launched a wave of strikes in Iran in response to Tehran’s downing of a...

Menu

Analysis 

Archaeology

Blogpost

Business & Finance

Culture

Exclusive

Explainer

Environment

 

Features

Health

In Brief

Jewish World

Judea and Samaria

Lifestyle

Cyber & Internet

Sports

 

Diplomacy 

Iran & The Gulf

Gaza Strip

Politics

Shopping

Terms of use

Privacy Policy

Submissions

Contact Us

About Us

The first issue of Israel Hayom appeared on July 30, 2007. Israel Hayom was founded on the belief that the Israeli public deserves better, more balanced and more accurate journalism. Journalism that speaks, not shouts. Journalism of a different kind. And free of charge.

All rights reserved to Israel Hayom

Hosted by sPD.co.il

  • Home
  • News
    • Israel at War
    • Israel
    • United States
    • Middle East
    • Sports
  • Opinions
  • Jewish World
    • Archaeology
    • Antisemitism
  • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Travel
    • Fashion
    • Culture
  • Magazine
    • Feature
    • Analysis
    • Explainer
    • Environment & Wildlife
    • Health & Wellness
  • In Memoriam
  • Subscribe to Newsletter
  • Submit your opinion
  • Terms and conditions

All rights reserved to Israel Hayom

Hosted by sPD.co.il

Newsletter

[contact-form-7 id=”508379″ html_id=”isrh_form_Newsletter_en” title=”newsletter_subscribe”]

  • Home
  • News
    • Israel at War
    • Israel
    • United States
    • Middle East
    • Sports
  • Opinions
  • Jewish World
    • Archaeology
    • Antisemitism
  • Lifestyle
    • Food
    • Travel
    • Fashion
    • Culture
  • Magazine
    • Feature
    • Analysis
    • Explainer
    • Environment & Wildlife
    • Health & Wellness
  • In Memoriam
  • Subscribe to Newsletter
  • Submit your opinion
  • Terms and conditions

All rights reserved to Israel Hayom

Hosted by sPD.co.il